Virtual Printer Required.
We need a virtual printer and installation package\software that will do the following tasks:
Windows x86 & x64 environments: win xp, 7, 8 & 10
Upon installation the user will select the printer that the driver will print to.
User will enter a License key
These details should be stored securely – windows registry perhaps. I’m open to suggestions.
The installer will set a default queue name.
The virtual driver will then be installed and set as default.
Success\Failure screen will show.
An installation log will be written to %tmp% folder for troubleshooting installation.
Installer must not require a reboot.
Installer should be perform installation, repair and uninstall.
- Prompt the user for confirmation to print to physical printer. (There should also be a setting in the driver that disables this prompt. So the job will automatically print to the physical printer – also manageable in the driver)
- Send the print job to the physical printer (depending on print selection)
- Prompt the user to enter a code [36-64 character string]. Lets call this InputKey. Cancel button is available also. Cancel task will complete the process
- After the InputKey is provided, I need to send the following to a REST API web service:
o The InputKey
o The LicenseKey
o A PDF of the print job.
- The data will be sent to a REST POST endpoint using https.
The data sending can be performed by a windows service or installed application. Please provide excellent advice regarding the most reliable way to send this data.
This first version doesn’t need to look pretty, but if the installer looks like it belongs in 1973 I will instantly pull the project. NO BAD WINDOWS UI.
You must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
The successful application must deliver:
- Clear and concise code.
- Properly commented
- Complete and fully functional working program and driver as well as source code of all work done.
- Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work. No GPL, 3rd Party components unless all Copyright is clearly explained and agreed to by us.
- Excellent communication.
This project has massive potential so future development will be given to the right applicant.
oh... and no Java!
11 freelancers are bidding on average $1008 for this job
Hi, ready to help you with this project, is it acceptable to use GhostScript (GNU GPL license) to convert printer data (PostScript) to PDF? Thanks, Serhiy