We are looking for Web Designer and Programmer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. Responsibilities will include programming back-end software, coding, innovative design and layout of our website. You will build our website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and back-end functionality.
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
• Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
• Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
• Create and maintain software documentation
• Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
• Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
• Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s)
• Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic design into CSS/XHTML themes
• Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations • Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays
• Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
• Be actively involved in and contribute regularly to the development community of the CMS
• Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for activism and community building
• Proven working experience in web programming
• Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
• A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
• Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
• Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
• Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
• Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS