We've been running a digital marketing business from the past 3 years, and provide everything from end-to-end SEO to content development services for customers located all over the world.
Even though much of our marketing and sales happen online, our processes are still manual, which is why we're planning to move towards an integrated online marketplace with the help of WordPress as the backbone.
1) We're basically looking to start a content development marketplace similar to iWriters or TextBroker, using WordPress.
2) This site should cater to both writers and customers looking for articles to be created, so we'll require a sign-up form for both, along with separate custom dashboards where they can control their orders, deliveries, payments, etc.
3) The marketplace will have different types of content services, such as ebook writing, sales page copywriting, blog articles, press releases, etc, each with the different pricing and requirements, based on the quantity ordered by the customers.
4) Along with different ranks of writers, such as beginners, premium, elite, etc, with their own unique skillsets, experience, etc.
5) As soon as an order comes in, we need an editor to go through the requirements from customers to come up with in-depth instructions and resources for the writers, before assigning the order to a particular writer who is most suitable for the requirements.
6) The writer should be notified of the order via eMail, following which he or she can get all the relevant details and instructions to get started with the article.
7) Once the article is done, the writer can upload the content through his dashboard, which will again be sent to the editor / moderator, and if everything is in order, the moderator will approve the content, if not, he will ask for a revision. The status must be visible to the writer on his dashboard.
8) After the article is approved by the moderator, the customer will be notified of the same, and will be able to access the article via the dashboard.
What We Need From You?
Our team already has reasonably good experience working with WordPress, but so far we've been making use of it mainly for content management purposes, never to build advanced applications such as this.
I Know that there are plenty of plugins and functions in WordPress that can help us create such a site seamlessly, but the trial and error, along with the research required to find and use them will be very time-consuming.
Which is why we're looking for some guidance from an experienced WordPress expert, who can create a roadmap based on our requirements, answer our queries and help solve our problems if we get stuck somewhere.
We basically require you to be in touch with us via Freelancer or Skype, answering our queries without delay, and if we face any serious issues, you might have to get your hands-dirty in dealing with them.
That being said, we're also open to turnkey solutions, WordPress themes, plugins & scripts that can help us reach our goal much faster and with more certainty, so if you're aware of any such solutions to make our job easier, please do provide us with the right guidance accordingly.
Please feel free to reach out for any queries or concerns.