Existing OpenCart website.
If you have never coded in OpenCart before, then don't apply.
If you can't prove you have OpenCart experience, don't apply.
If you're from India, Bangladesh, or Pakistan, don't apply (even though you all will anyway, as you never read job postings)
DO APPLY if you're from the Ukraine or similar eastern block country. You guys generally rock.
I need a system where volunteer staff can book themselves in for next week on certain days to volunteer.
No visual calendar or anything needed at this stage - let's keep it really simple.
So admin needs to be able to:
- log in as normal (this is already done via OpenCart)
- add to the "volunteer" database the names and emails of volunteers
- specify how many volunteers per day are needed
- set which days next week they are open. 90% of the time this is Mon-Fri
- see next week's volunteer bookings and click "email" to email all volunteers the schedule
Volunteers need to be able to:
- log in with their email address (no password required)
- see a grid with volunteer names down the left, days (Mon - Fri) across the top for only the current week (so they can check when they're volunteering), and the next week (so they can book themselves in to volunteer).
- They'll see volunteer names on the days volunteers have booked themselves in, and be able to click a checkbox on the days next week they want to volunteer. If the day already has enough volunteers then there will be no check box to select
- click "save" and this emails them a confirmation, as well as the admin
In your application, please tell me capital of Australia. You must answer this question.
Only one table is needed, "volunteers"
- (primary_key, key_school_id, name, email, date_mon_this_week, date_mon_next_week, days_this_week, days_next_week) "days_this_week" and "days_next_week" will just store something like 1,3 meaning Monday and Wednesday.
The existing table for all admin preferences will need these fields added:
- days closed next week (e.g.; 1,5 meaning Monday and Friday)
- number of volunteers needed each day