GPS tracking server
I'd like to enhance a GPS tracking server based on node js, we already have a working solution.
What we want is:
1. integrate parsers for new tracking devices models (3 new models for instance, we already have parsers for their data).
2. write [url removed, login to view] server so gps data can be sent to connected web socket clients real time (we already have a working example too).
3. send commands to devices and receive answers, commands will be queued if device is not available and will be sent later once device connects again.
Candidates should have a deep knowledge of nodejs and GPS tracking software architecture.
We don't need google maps or any GUI for the project. We want to only focus on adding new parsers for new trackers then generate an event for each received data, when event is received:
1. write gps data to database (on query)
2. forward data to websocket users.
no interface or anything just scripting.
So the project is simply about extending/enhancing a working solution. The code is well structured and commented; you’ll be assisted (in case you need assistance) by us.
Performance is an issue for us, we may have 10 000 trackers connected.