Hello, I represent a social consciousness organization. We are looking for someone to create an app that fights racial profiling in grocery stores and department stores. We believe that everyone should have an enjoyable shopping experience while in stores. If stores refuse to treat all their customers equally, then the public should have the right to know which stores are engaging in the unlawful racial profiling or treatment of their customers, so that they could avoid supporting them.
The app will be named: "Conscious Shopper"
-This app will use GPS to alert people of stores nearby that have scored low on "tolerance". The app will give a pop up notification warning the user not to go into specific stores that have bad ratings. The app will only do this if it detects that a user (who has the app) is going into a store that has been rated poorly.
- The app will allow users to rate their experience in stores. If users have a negative experience in a store, the app will allow users to post photos of the person accused of racial profiling. The app will also allow users to leave comments/ criticisms about cashiers and perceived racial aggression. The app will also allow the user to notify other users of the suspect's name.
- If a store has a low rating, the app will recommend that the user go to another store that is close by that has a higher rating. The app will give nearby store recommendations.
- The app will give users who have had a negative experience in a store the ability to sign a virtual petition to have the manager/ owner of the store make changes to rectify the issue of racial profiling. The petition will be a virtual list of names (signers). Once the list reaches 1,000 names, a notification will be sent to the app manager. The app manager will then send a letter to the store/ establishment notifying them of their poor tolerance rating.
- Stores will be rated according to several factors:
* Whether cashier show racial hostility/ homo phobia/ or religious intolerance of any form. Intolerance is express in the form of: 1) noticeably only checking the money/checks/credit cards of homosexual/ minority/ religious clients. 2) Being unreasonably rude to clients 3) Throwing change/ physically expressing hostility.
* Whether clients are racially profiled and followed around the store for no reason
* Whether security harasses/ apprehends/ or kicks out clients for no valid reason.
This App's Ratings Work on A Percentage System:
* Percentage of positive ratings
* Percentage of negative ratings
- All stores start off with a neutral rating.
- If a store has more negative ratings than positive ratings, the store will receive a negative Conscious Shopper rating.
- Each store will be given a Conscious Shopper rating. This rating is a number out of 100. The rating will be calculated by taking the total amount of negative ratings and finding out what percent it is of the total number of ratings. This number will be the Conscious Shopper rating.
-Store ratings are time sensitive. If a store does not receive a negative rating for 3 consecutive months, the store's rating will go back to neutral.
-Users can also give positive ratings to stores. The more positive ratings a store gets, the higher it's Conscious Shopper rating will be.