Ipad App in the form of a game, designed for children to play against one another.
The App is in 2 parts, the game itself plus a customisation section. The game is essentially Air Hockey, with the customisation section allowing users to create their own character using the iPad camera. Play is against one another using blue-tooth, with users selecting their character to play against the other. Once users have played against one another on blue-tooth, they are able to play against one another over the internet (i.e. some sort of link has been made).
In more detail:
- Use of camera to input an image (expected to be either a selfie photo, or a picture out of a magazine e.g. favourite footballer)
- Use of microphone to input name of the character (e.g. user's own name)
- User can save multiple characters
- Air hockey style game
- Blue tooth connection between 2 user players is required, both of whom have the App
- Users select which character they want to be for the match, from their own collection
- An audio introduces both players, using the recorded name
- Normal air hockey gameplay, where characters each user has selected are their respective paddle which they control
- Audio commentary uses the character name when each goal is scored: [Character name] "SCORES!"
- App displays score, and the winner is the first to 10 goals. Audio to say: "The winner is" [Character name]
- Once users have played against one another, they are subsequently able to play one another over the internet
Timescale - complete the App in the next week
Further information will be provided as required during the App building process