Goal: create a platform that allows users to easily share unlimited size files/folders through the web. Since most of these files are big and temporary, they should not be stored anywhere (all should be decentralized). The idea is to use webtorrent to take care of the file transfer between users, while just building some extra features around it.
Basic usage (mostly implemented):
- Files sit on the users local computer
- User1 selects file/folder to seed, gets (e.g.) a magnet link (or hash) and shares it with other users.
- User2 receive link and downloads. When download is done, User2 automatically starts seeding the file.
- Files are only transferred while webpage is open. as soon as page closes, all transfers from/to that user stop
- Files are uploaded/downloaded from multiple users at the same time (just like a torrent)
There is already some code implementing the basic features, but extra functionalities are needed:
- design webpage/layout; nothing super fancy, just enough to be functional and appealing
- implement support for upload of both files and folders
- implement user accounts to keep track what files they have shared (like having a simplified torrent client online)
- login page (with mysql backend), allowing for own accounts, but also logins using (e.g.) facebook or google accounts.
- saving files currently shared (each file should have an option to start/pause sharing and delete, and when logged in all those files not paused should resume upload/download). maybe just needed to store the hash on the mysql database.
- groups of users (e.g. by department), where each user can browse files being shared by other users in the same group
- file stats (e.g.) who downloaded, where, avg speed (both up/down), total bytes transferred (both up/down), etc...
- If a link with hash is clicked, it should automatically: (i) if logged in, then file is added to list of files, (ii) if not, normal basic page opens. in either case, download starts
- secure connection
- clean code with comments
- use [login to view URL] for all libraries
9 freelancers estão ofertando em média $352 para esse trabalho
dear you! I have reviewed your project description and it's interesting. If you give me a chance, i will complete with high quality and in short time. When I promise something, i never ever break my promise.