Seeking highly experienced creative, imaginative ghostwriter to revise and rewrite key points in my manuscript. You should be able to use your creative writing skills to add dramatic flair to sentence structure; Mix them up, shrink them, stretch them, remove them or make them gallop. Your role is to make sure the book's content is; concise, clear, correct, easy to comprehend and maintains continuity in its details (i.e., eye colors, names, sequences of events) from start to finish.
Review every line of manuscript for typos, misused words (i.e., affect/effect, advice/advise), grammatical mistakes and punctuation errors. Finally we should work one-on-one to address weaknesses such as story structure, inconsistent pacing, poor character development and contrivances.
I would also like to be able to chat with you on Skype, by phone or in person to review all writing material. In that way, we are available to respond immediately to all questions and suggestions, and we can change things on the spot.
Please be familiar with track changes.
You will have full license to remove, people, places and things in order to make this manuscript work.
•Ability to turn summary into action, active dialogue between characters
Ability to remove unnecessary characters and add characters when required/need
You should have track changes, and be familiar with inserting comments in margins
• Have Skype (It's free)
• Experienced ghostwriter who knows how to use the right words for the job.
• Strong “creative” writing skills.
• Rewrite anything that is unclear
• 30 DAY turnaround time with weekly milestones REQUIRED
• Keep a wary eye on overall language, avoiding and removing unfamiliar jargon.
• Catch, avoid and remove clichés
• Delete redundancies and needless words
• Inject manuscript with liveliness
• Good with using metaphors and anecdotes to describe people, places and things.
• Re-write area's of manuscript in the active voice
• Transition manuscript smoothly.
• Remove anything that may appear racist, sexiest or stereotype. Avoiding and removing bad taste of any kind.
• Looking for a ghostwriter who really knows how to appeal to the senses giving the story mood, texture, flavor and colour.
• An ability to put ideas, information and experiences into words.
• Interest in a wide variety of subjects and ideas.
• Patience and good listening skills.
• Ability to collaborate effectively
About this manuscript:
Just under 56 000 word count. About a young women who grows up in the foster care system, then reunited with her family only to be met with hardship, teen pregnancy and adversity.
Please be available and committed to starting as soon as possible and able to deliver a polished manuscript within 30 days.
I would need milestones in increments of at least 10000 words to keep track and stay on target to a successful completion.
I can’t wait to hear from you. I will provide samples only to selected candidates
19 freelancers are bidding on average $889 for this job
I have excellent writing and editing skills, and I am confident that I will do a great job. In case you have any questions, feel free to contact me. All the best, Oana