We are a stealth-mode startup in the space of comparison shopping, much like shopzilla, overstock, etc.
We are in need of a programmer to write a code for data-mining by crawling Walmart and Best Buy. The programmer can choose their own desired programming language (Java preferred).
Collecting data about the products that are sold on these sites.
- Expert in data-mining
- Experience designing and implementing complex and scalable data mining processes to sort, merge, join and aggregate large amounts of data
- Strong programming skills (one or more of C/C++, java, perl, python with application to data mining)
- Strong experience with server-side programming
- Strong experience with information extraction from unstructured data (Phrase Extraction, Chunking, Named Entity extraction)
- Solid understanding of all components of a search engine
- 2+ years of experience with large data set processing and data mining