I need to combine two taxonomies, comparing logically all the keywords. The main taxonomy is IEEE Taxonomy (attached) and the one should be added to the main is the ACM ([url removed, login to view]). The idea is to find the keywords that are not present in IEEE and then add them. But, there are certain things to think about:
- If there is the whole category, which is not in IEEE, but has a similar meaning with some keyword, what should be done?
- Where to add the whole branch of the taxonomical tree?
- Is it the right category to be added directly to the root node?
The provided solution should be a combination of files:
- Excel file, with the merged taxonomies;
- Documentation with the explanation of how the taxonomies were merged (i.e. algorithm pseudocode/ steb-by-step/ pictures) and some statistical analysis on final result;
- If possible, then the tree representation with one-two levels lower then the root.