We are looking for a part-time bookkeeper to help us manage our investments and our small online business. The ideal person will have at least 3-5 years of bookkeeping and/or accounting experience and will be proficient with QuickBooks. This is an immediate opportunity which has potential to evolve into an ongoing part-time and potentially full-time position in the future.
* Work with the management team to move existing accounts to QuickBooks online
* Set up Chart of Accounts for 5 entities operating as divisions within a single instance of QuickBooks
* Import and input data from July 2015
* Coordinate via email and QuickBooks with our accountants to fine-tune the chart of accounts and journal allocations to ensure compliance with legislation
* Develop and manage a monthly process for ensuring the accuracy of financial statements
* Maintain an accurate General Ledger
* Prepare monthly accrual-basis P&L and Balance Sheet
* Develop and maintain a month-end closing procedure
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks
* Be responsible for all financial record keeping
* Provide clerical and administrative support when needed
* Provide support for annual audit
* Provide financial analysis and research for new products
* Other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager
* 3-5 years of experience with bookkeeping/accounting
* Formal qualifications (Bachelor degree or similar) in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related field.
* Highly proficient in Excel and QuickBooks (we use QuickBooks Online Plus)
* Self-motivated and resourceful, with the ability to multi-task and operate successfully with deadlines.
* Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
* Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounts payable/receivable principles.
* Fluent written and spoken English language skills
* Appropriate qualifications as specified in the requirements
* Experience with setting up chart of accounts in QuickBooks from start
* Experience with bookkeeping using Quickbooks Online Plus
* Microsoft Excel and Office skills
* Ability to commit to at least 100 to 160 hours in the catch up phase during the first month and then approximately 20 hours per month ongoing
* How much would you expect to earn per hour?
Please provide a short written response to the above criteria and a 2 to 4 minute video (phone or webcam is fine) telling us about yourself, how you stay up to date with changes in bookkeeping practice, where you see yourself in 5 years time, and why you would like to work with us.
Skills4Life Pty Ltd
We are a family-run small business which is in the start up phase of producing books and videos designed to help people achieve their goals by providing timely information. The annual turnover is relatively small and currently we manage the operation by handing our receipts over to our accountants at the end of each financial year. As we are now tax residents in two countries with two different EOFY (30 June & 31 December), we need to reconcile our P&L and Balance sheet for all entities on a monthly basis. As some accounts (e.g.: credit cards) are for both personal and business use, this needs to be conducted in a single accounting instance. We have chosen Quickbooks in order to be able to manage each entity as a separate ‘Division’.
In terms of who we are we are Julian & Cate (husband & wife) and although Australian originally, we currently live in Spain. We are currently working on a book about how to increase your income on an ongoing basis. Future books will be about helping people with their health & longevity, personal finance and goal setting, as well as “things that we wish someone had told our younger selves”. If you would like to be part of that sort of a business and help it grow over the years, we would like to hear from you.
Thank you for taking the time to read this far.
34 freelancers estão ofertando em média €16/hora para esse trabalho
15 years of work experience in Accounting and Finance in India and US. Strong Data Analysis ,Data Mining,Reporting and Analysis , Excel Modelling skill QuickBooks Poficiency