Our company is looking to create an automated reporting system that allows for custom data entry, storage of that data, and a standardized reporting template that is exported on an ad-hoc basis in excel format.
We are looking for a system that can run on a unix/linux-based server, with a graphic interface utilizing Ruby on Rails or PHP.
1) Ability for user to enter specific data into forms with logic governing whether or not they can successfully submit the new record into the database.
2) Ability to strip URL's (HREF) from html code we upload or paste that would plug into our report.
- An example of what we've used in the paste manually is as follows: [url removed, login to view]
3) Ability to archive reports for search later including (obviously) a naming convention we can decide later.
4) Ability to have certain rules attached to certain clients/company's as our partners may each have different requirements for reporting. So if we work with 3 companies, we can choose them in a drop down box and have fields of the form open up in response to that.
I have included two different types of example reports. One is a single-segment report, and the other is a multi-segment report.
23 freelancers are bidding on average $625 for this job
I'll use PHP ror to develop the automated system as you mentioned. I'm well experienced in web & mobile application development. I appreciate a details discussion to understand the project goal.