We have an existing card table that has 7 positions for players around a D shaped table with a further player at the top of the table as the House. We require every position to be able to see each of the other positions cards clearly. Further, this software will need to be capable of being adapted for a 6 person round table. On the round table, the House will rotate from player to player. Marked by a D symbol (to the player’s right) and the software needs to be capable of dealing with this.
06 04 19 Rfp for cards on table
1) Code ??" we will supply the relevant elements of the code to link to and we will load and run on our game to test. (This is to limit your time deciphering our code and to allow more time spent to be spent on coding)
2) Existing Developer ??" you will be able to speak to the existing developer in order to ensure easy development but it will not be unrestricted access
3) Cost - please provide an estimate or range
4) Deadline for proposal ??" by end of Tuesday May 2, 2006
5) Example of Work - provide a relevant example of your work
6) References ??" one would be helpful that I can contact.
Deadline for deliverables - 7 ??"14 business days (to be agreed)
More Background on Game and Objectives
1) each position will be begin with 2 cards (a hand)
2) each position can have up to 11 cards
3) each position could have up to 4 hands ( 4 sets of cards)
This variability and being able to maintain card visibility from each position is the real challenge.
The cards have been created and will be supplied and so will the existing website to view the existing game.
We require this in Flash actionscript AS2 and will precisely specify where this will fit into our software.
The cards must have an x and y variable and we must be able to control the speed in which they appear on the table. Angles and distances should be dynamically defined from known variables. Starting point x,y (from which cards start moving) and - 0,0 are the co-ordinates from the top left corner.
To understand fully the actions required it is essential that the developers play the existing game from all the positions to understand the existing problems and features required. Image 06 04 25 one view and numbered positions .jpg will give you an idea of the issues. You will note views from positions 1,2 and 6,7 are constrained and when there is splits things become even more difficult to read. Default camera angle is from position (pos) 4
We can provide more technical requirements but I am hesitant as this might unnecessarily constrain the solution.
Position 1 is the position closest to the Dealer. The numbering proceeds through to position 7 in a clock-wise fashion. This is also the order in which cards are dealt in the game. The final position is the House/Dealer
There are a number of potential solutions to this problem and I would be happy to discuss them. We will provide our development for any detailed technical discussions.
Action Script AS2