My IoT project is about using the arduino uno and temperature sensor to monitor a garden. Complementary to the temperature data, we would like to also obtain humidity data via a free weather API.
The user will be able to access the website, choose a specie of plant and verify the current temperature measured by the local sensor and also humidity obtained from the web. For the selected plant the website will also provide the range of accepted temperature and humidity. If possible, it would be nice to show the measured temperature and humidity over time in 2 graphs.
We are making just a prototype and not a real product. So we don't need to care about things like multiple users/devices and about reliability of the content.
Basically you need to:
1) from x to x time(maybe 5 minutes) extract the temperature data that will be located in a website running in our IoT device. this website will be a html page only containing the phrase "temperature = XX". There are libraries like html5lib and BeautifulSoup for python that can do that easily. We will provide you later with the IP address for this page.
2) Also from x to x minutes, collect humidity data from the internet(whenever and however you prefer). Please collect from data from the city "Sao Paulo, Brazil".
3) Take the current time, temperature and humidity and insert in a database.
4) this database(preferably in MySQL) will contain 2 tables: one table with those 3 columns(time, temperature and humidity). And another table with 5 columns(plant species name, minimum temperature, maximum temperature, minimum humidity, maximum humidity).
5) Creating a responsive website(focused mostly for smartphone users) that has 3 sections:
1) "Introduction": contains a big picture, a title("iGarden"), a random description(space for about 30-50 words).
2) "Device" : Contain the status of the device(online or offline, depending if the server could connect to the IP address or not). Also has the last measured temperature(in celsius) and humidity(in %). Also contains the 2 graphs of temperature and humidity over time. In the same screen the user will be able to select a plant species through a select box. After a plant is selected, the screen will show the min. and max. temperature and humidity for that plant. If the last measured temperature or humidity are out of the range for that plant, the website will display a "warning" text.
3) "Recommendation". Based on the last measured temperature and humidity, it will display a list of plants which has compatible(inside range) temperatures and humidity.
1)For the database, you can fill second table with random data of plants.
2)For the website, you can use free and common templates. We don't need anything fancy, something like those one-page theme templates of bootstrap([url removed, login to view]) would be more than sufficient.
3) We don't have a preference for the backend/frontend frameworks used. Maybe Django or PHP in conjunction with something like bootstrap are good. But you can choose whatever you think it is easier/cheaper.
3) As this is a prototype, we can't afford a high price for this project. If you feel like you can cut corners to make this project cheaper, or if you have any question, please contact us!
24 freelancers are bidding on average R$1962 for this job
Hi, It was awesome to see that your project is matching with my skills and knowledge. I've 7 years experience in website design and development. Please have a glance at my previous work:- [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] Mais
I think what you need is dashboard, i have built great products some of them are dashboards with fancy charts and displays. I have worked with beautifulsoup lets get connected to discuss more.
Dear Sir I have understood your requirement. we will please to offer a good solution for Garden plant monitoring using IoT. Please initiate further conversation for further proceeding. regards RRG Software