Using the internet or other reference find an example of an technology that is relevant to the topic
of computer forensics. This could be some kind of a software tool but might also be some kind of
hardware such as for example a hardware write blocker. Examples of technology that would be of
interest include: technologies for data recovery from hard drives or optical storage media, data
carving, steganography, file metadata, write blockers, specialized searching and filtering tools and
recovery of data from damaged media (for example unreadable CDs). You could also choose the
storage media itself as a technology for example usb drives, solid state drives or even the file system
used on these storage devices. Once you have chosen your technology write a brief summary
report describing the important characteristics of this technology. Your report should typically include
1. High level description of the technology - what it does.
2. Diagram and description - how it works.
3. Typical application examples.
4. Name of the company that manufactures it.
5. Timeframe, date of introduction, current availability.
6. Cost or pricing information.